2017-18 EIPS Parent Survey Results Report
The results are now available for the 2017-18 EIPS Parent Survey conducted in March. Thank you to all families who took the time to share their feedback with the Division. The survey included 20 questions related to the three priorities outlined in the EIPS 2015-2018 Three-Year Education Plan:
- Priority 1: Promote growth and success for all students
- Priority 2: Enhance high quality learning and working environments
- Priority 3: Enhance public education through effective engagement, partnerships and communication
The overall Division results represent 2,918 responses from parents and guardians across EIPS. This was an increase in responses from 2,678 in the previous year.
The survey results for Westboro Elementary have helped us identify the following areas of strength and opportunities for growth.
Areas of strength:
- My child is encouraged at school to do his or her best (92% agree or strongly agree)
- My child is demonstrating growth in literacy (92% agree or strongly agree)
- My child is demonstrating growth in numeracy (90% agree or strongly agree)
Opportunities for growth:
- My child’s individual needs are met (17% disagree or strongly disagree)
- My child is being taught knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to be successful in life (13% disagree or strongly disagree)
- How satisfied are you with the resources available to support your child’s learning? (13% dissatisfied or strongly dissatisfied)
The feedback gathered will help our school and the Division measure its progress toward meeting the priorities and goals outlined in the EIPS 2015-2018 Three-Year Education Plan and develop strategies to better serve students and the wider community moving forward.
What's Happening at Westboro
For information about some of the great things happening at Westboro Elementary, please click on the video link below.
What's Happening at Westboro - Fall
Is your child turning five on or before Dec. 31, 2018? If so, it's almost time to register for Kindergarten.
Kindergarten registration opens for the 2018-19 school year on Jan. 15, 2018 at 6 p.m. Please refer to the Elk Island Public School website for more information. Please use the following link:
Westboro Elementary School
To prepare our students to be positively contributing members of society when they finish school.
At Westboro Elementary we:
● Believe that all children can learn in a safe, caring environment that values diversity and collaboration.
● Engage learners, teach with compassion, model consideration and generosity of spirit resulting in team players and confident learners.
● Strive to have our parents, staff and community members actively involved in our students’ learning and forge strong partnerships.
Message from the Staff:
Westboro Elementary is an educational community where people work collaboratively to develop their own, as well as each other's, potential. In this community, emphasis is given to developing a safe, kind and welcoming environment. Messages that are transmitted promote human relations and personal regard.
We believe that forging a partnership with the home is essential if we are to maximize student development intellectually, emotionally, socially, creatively and physically. As educators, we are committed to providing quality educational experiences in a safe and caring environment in which all students can learn and experience success.
Sync the School Calendar to your personal calendar
Important Dates and Times
For a complete list of holidays and school-closure days during the 2017-18 school year, refer to the EIPS Division Calendar.
School News View All
EIPS Students Stand Out at Annual Speech Competition
Posted on Apr 25 2018
Sherwood Park, AB. — More than 70 of the top student speakers from 24 elementary schools in Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) are getting set to compete in the eighth annual EIPS Young Speakers Invitational on April 26. Throughout…
What’s Your Story? Students Tap the Power of Storytelling
Posted on Feb 23 2018
Sherwood Park, AB. — More than 400 student writers and artists will master the art of storytelling at the 2018 Young Authors’ Conference this Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018. The Young Authors’ Conference is a long-standing collaborative…